Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sticky Problem

Hello Mr Trivia,

Got a tricky one here, son. I know you're supposed to use peanut butter to get chewing gum out of your hair, but how do you get hair out of your gum? I have a piece of Wrigley's that I have been chewing and resting on my bedside table for the last 72 hours. Somewhere along the way, a hair has become entangled in it. The gum is good for at least another 48 hours, so you can see I'm really in a tight spot here - I simply have to continue my chewing regimen.

I've already tried using peanut butter b.t.w. and it didn't work.

Carl Corcoran
Dublin,
IRELAND


Hello Carl,

Eat around the hair carefully, dispose of the piece with the strand of hair in it. Presto!

Mr Trivia


Mr Trivia needs to express his outrage that there does not appear to be an Asterix in Space book. The brand needs to move in this direction, surely?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read an article once by (I believe) William Goldman where he explained why Hollywood often produces theme movies in batches around the same time. Wyatt Earp/Tombstone, Armageddon/Deep Impact, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves/Robin Hood, Capote, Dante's Peak/Volcano etc. But for the life of me I can't remember what it was, although I do remember the knowledge was very satisfying and made me feel smart. Not strictly trivia but I'm a little desperate.

Mr Trivia said...

Hi Anonymous,

I think I read this, too, and can also not remember. Is it zeitgeist? Or is it some kind of plagiarism combined with penny-pinching?

Thanks for your comment, anyhoo!

Mr Trivia