Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Episode 1 and All that

Hey Mr Bostwick,

A friend and I, Star Wars fans both, have a bet that there's a longer cut of Episode 1 where you voiced a character called General Malfeasance? My friend sweaers by this, I say he's screwy. Which of us is correct - there's jar of macadamia nuts riding on this one, sir.

Reg Lambrusco,
Three Hummock Island,
Tasmania


Dearest Reg,

Your friend is indeed screwy! I wouldn't have anything to do with a so-called Star Wars, so-called film. My good friend Ewan MacGregor often drops by the house in Lake Como and he made it abundantly clear the difficulties of acting in an all green-screen environment whilst shooting Star Wars Episode 1:

At 62 years of age, I have more than paid my dues in this business we call show, I certainly don't intend to spend the final, glorious part of my career standing in a drafty studio acting with a CG Space Maggot who'll be droopped into the frame by some intern at ILM six months later. Know what I'm saying?

Enjoy the nuts!

Til The Clouds Roll By,
Barry Bostwick

No comments: