Sunday, January 07, 2007

What About 2007?

Dear Mister Trivial,

My Significant Other, Carlos, and I would like to get married and have one, maybe four kids. But every night I dream that I am at the edge of a high walkway. I lean on the handrail, testing it. I look over the edge down to the ground which is six maybe seven storeys below. I climb up onto the railing in slow, slow, motion, then I dive into space - floating, drifting, - but definitely falling - and then I wake up.

Am I dreaming about my fears of marrying Carlos who was a sci-fi geek with a tax problem when I met him 5 years ago - so he's a bit of a dreamer and a bit irresponsible with finances - or are these more generalised fears about 2007?

Yours Sincerely,

Leeanne Mariner,
Rottnest Island,
WESTERN AUSTRALIA



Hi Leanne,

I think the giveaway is the term "sci-fi geek". On the new Battlestar Galactica, series 2 (2006), The Chief had exactly the same dream. Both you and he fear that inside you might be a Cylon. Fortunately, Cylons are fictional creations of Glen A Larson's, so I think you'll be okay.

Good Hunting,

Mister Trivia


Mister Trivia would like to make it clear to readers that he is in no way a sci-fi geek himself.

No comments: