Sunday, July 02, 2006

Keepin' It Casual

Hi Mr Triv,

I like to keep things casual and this includes relationships if you know what I mean. But my GF can't handle this. Should I kick her to the kerb or not? We've been together for three weeks.

Miss(ing my) Freedom



Hi Miss Freedom,

It sounds as if your relationship has run it's course. Invest in a Sudoku book instead. Or...and this is a big Or... keep plugging away at it, every single day, until such time as it works and feels beautiful, and as magical as breathing. Or until such time that the very sight of each other fills you both with dread and loathing.

Owning yourself is about choice I'm afraid.

Good Luck!

Mr Trivia

p.s. If youse guys do break up, might I suggest repeated viewings of Beaches interspersed with occassional viewings of Star Trek 2:The Wrath of Khan?


Mr Trivia would like to remind his readers that drinking lots of alcohol and driving a Hum V through a plate glass window is really stupid unless you're Paris Hilton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Trivia,

I'm confused, when you say

"keep plugging away at it, every single day, until such time as it works and feels beautiful, and as magical as breathing. Or until such time that the very sight of each other fills you both with dread and loathing."

were you referring to relationships or soduku?

Kind Regards,

Seven Across

Mr Trivia said...

Seven Across, you are a natural teacher, my friend. When I wrote those words, I thought I meant relationships, but now as I re-read them, it fits soduku much better.

You opened my consciousness with your subtle questioning.

Respect!