Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sleep is for the Weak

Hey, Mr Trivia!

Sophocles or maybe Tony Soprano once said called sleep "Death's Brother". How good is that, hey? I've been an insomnio for nearly ten years. I just can't get any sleep at all. So I thought one day that the best thing would be to restructure my life and forget about the need for needing sleep.

So I decided that I would no longer need the need for sleep. And then I would be less tired, do more work and need less sleep. And this, my friend, is exactly what has turned out to be the truth, my friend.

You dig, man?

The way I do it is that first I tell myself that I don't need sleep.

Two, I drink lots of Red Bull drinks. Three or so.

Finally, I consume perhaps seven tablespoons of sugar and slug down 10 mls of food colouring.

Four, I do a mind trick that is halfway between meditation and mediation and self-hypnosis.

Only then do I vanquish and vanish the need for the need for sleep.

You might want to try it yourself guys! Or not!


Kovac
Coober Pedy
SOUTH AUSTRALIA



Dear Kovac,

If you're a long-haul truck-driver, which I suspect you are, you have to stop driving NOW, MAN! Stop reading my blog on the 'net, pull the truck off the road into a safe place, and catch about 20 hours of zees and pay off that sleep debt, buddy!

Remember: TRUCKERS CARRY THIS COUNTRY!

Jeez,

Mr Trivia



Mr Trivia would like to caution drivers against using the internet while they drive. However, watching a nice DVD like Finding Nemo, whilst driving, seems harmless.

No comments: